*** Currently accepting items for review ***
I accept Adult, Young Adult, and Middle Grade books for review.
Genres I am generally interested in are:
- Fairy tale/myth retellings
- Paranormal (not high sci-fi)
- Historical Fiction
I am also willing to review select non-fiction materials as an interested reader and not a subject matter consultant. I am generally open to learning anything and everything, but since anything is easier to read when it captures the reader’s interests there are a few subjects that I will most likely not finish. These are:
- Poetry and/or verse
I’m a hobby historian (who is pursuing a degree in European History) so anything in that subject is something I’d consider so if you have something you think that falls into under that umbrella, feel free to send a request.
Accepting Books Review Requests
If I accept a book for review, it does not guarantee a review. As much as I would love, really love, to review each book, I cannot. I will definitely make an effort to read and review in a reasonable timetable regarding release dates, but I cannot guarantee this. Requesting at least two months prior to when you would like a review posted increases the chance I’ll review it on my blog.
Reading is what I do best so I do my very best to review all the books I read. I will also post reviews to GoodReads, and sometimes Amazon, but that is not a guarantee and there is a possibility that reviews will be modified and edited at any time.
I review stories in a relaxed manner and don’t consider them to be subjective literary reviews. I am fair and honest and if I come across a story I did not enjoy, my review will say that. I do my best to explain why in my review so other readers can make their own decision.
ALL REVIEWS COME WITH A SPOILER ALERT BY DEFAULT. I am not one to care for spoilers and sometimes I even hunt for them. Sometimes that’s the only way I will read and/or continue a book. Because I don’t care about spoilers, there is a huge possibility things will slip in my reviews. With that said, I don’t retell the story in my reviews and am mindful that others may not feel as cavalier about spoilers as I do. While I cannot guarantee a spoiler-free review, I do try to keep it to a minimum.
All reviews include the following:
- Book stats: Title, author, publisher, release date, series status
- My review: the good, the not so good, and the whys.
- Star rating
Because it’s familiar, a 5-star review system is what I use.
- 5 star: I absolutely LOVE the story and want to own/does own/or already bought a copy.
- 4 star: I enjoyed the book and more often than not I will probably read it again.
- 3 star: I liked the book. Not loved, not hated. Just liked.
- 2 star: There were some things I liked about the book but there were more things I did not like that counted against the rating.
- 1 star: I did not like the story at all and most likely did not finish it as a result, or skimmed it at best.
GoodReads user J. G. Keely has a good spectrum on rating his books and I often refer to it as a guideline while expanding it with my own interpretations. You can find it here.
If you have any questions, feel free to message me.