With the year close to its last quarter and the fact that I haven’t been as diligent with posting this year, I decided to give an overall general progress report on some of the books, tv, and movies I’ve checked off so far.
Let’s start with TV.
- Scorpion: I slacked off with Scorpion! By the time school and life had settled down enough for me to notice that I hadn’t watch Scorpion in a while, CBS had closed access to two episodes. Two! Sighs. Of course, I can’t watch the unlocked ones without watching the missed episodes first so I’m stuck until I can get access to the rest of the season.
- Big Bang Theory: My goodness! Did you catch that season finale?! I can’t wait to see where this is going come the next week or so when the series premieres start happening.
- Supernatural and The Vampire Diaries: I am so far behind it’s going to take me awhile to get back to it.
- The Heart of Dixie: I finally got the courage to finish it. I was apprehensive to go any further once one of my favorite couples … even when I knew it would work out … yeah, well, I got over it and pressing forward!
- Shooter: Binge watched season one and love it! I’m very curious to see how this show will keep running.
p style=”text-align: center;”>Movies
Going back to the last five movies I watched …
- Sing– cute if not a little predictable, but it doesn’t surprise me that it was. Plus, it didn’t take away from the entertainment. Rating: to borrow or Netflix it
- Hacksaw Ridge – still can’t decide what I feel towards this one. I enjoyed the story, the acting was good, the effects were good l. I guess there just isn’t much to it really. Rating: Netflix it
- Dunkirk – glad I got to see this in theaters because I really liked it since it covered an event I didn’t know about. Rating: Netflix it
- Valerian – loved it. Rating: Add
- Guardians of the Galaxy 2 – gotta say, I enjoyed this one. Rating: Add
So much to say here, but for now, out of the 61 books I read, here are my top five picks so far this year:
- The Battlemage (Summoner #3) by Taran Matharu – final installment. It was awesome!
- The Knight and Moon series by Janet Evanovich – pleasantly surprised and can’t wait to see where it goes
- The Cinder & Ella series by Kelly Oram – absolutely love this duology. I must have reread their story and revisited their world about four times now.
- The Duff by Kody Keplinger – the rare occasion I can’t separate the book-to-movie relationship. The book was so much better.
- Tell Me Three Things by Julie Buxbaum – so good
There you have m it. Progress report in a nutshell. Some of these are pegged for a more thorough review so stay tuned.