Let me first clarify “crush.” And I need to do this because I honestly believe I don’t have any celebrity crushes. I know I sound prudish and like a moralist, but I’m just being honest. Now, I have looked at celebrities and said “not bad looking” or “wow, he’s good looking,” but thinking someone looks handsome or third-degree burns hot (what can I say? I really liked Link’s description of Ridley – see Beautiful Creatures), to me, doesn’t constitute a crush. So,
Crush: an intense and usually passing infatuation
Infatuation: being in an infatuated state of condition
1. to cause to be foolish: deprived of sound judgement
2. to inspire with foolish or extravagant love or admiration
And there’s no celebrity–actor, artist, or otherwise–that has caused any type of infatuation … in my adulthood, anyway.
On that note, here are the five celebrities (since the challenge called for just five 😉 )that I think are good-looking in their own right. And truthfully, some of them I associate their charm with a character they played (just saying).
- Jensen Ackles (Dean Winchester – Supernatural)
- Keanu Reeves (Alex Wyler – Lake House)
- Matt Boomer (Neal Caffery – White Collar)
- Ian Somerhalder (Damon Salvator – The Vampire Diaries)
- Charlie Schlatter (Dr. Jesse Travis – Diagnosis Murder) – he’s a ghost from my childhood TV lineup, but the show popped into my mind recently so I decided to add him, for old-times sake.