30-Day Blogging Challenge: Day 3

Day 3: Your day, in detail.

My day started at 6:33 a.m. Yes, the 33 is for real. I’m not quite sure why, but it seems my body never wakes up “on the dot,” but I smile to myself because it reminds me that I’m just a bit off.

Aside from my smartphone’s alarm waking me up, I also woke up because it was already warm and I was fighting with my blankets to get cool. I realized that I’d probably never get back to sleep, so I shook myself up and started to read. Yep, read.

I opened my WordPress app and started reviewing the blogs of bloggers I follow. I’m in good company. There are so many inspiring posts from fellow writers it always brightens up my mood and boosts my confidence. I helped a fellow writer today as well by donating what I could. Going after your dream isn’t always an easy road, especially if you don’t have a strong support system. Opposition can come from all angles, even surprising you because it comes from your inner circle of friends and family. I was happy to help in whatever way I could and I wish him all the best (you can see what I’m talking about here).

Then, it was off to church and Sunday school. It was a very good day in church. Nothing exciting, but everything interesting, considering I spent most of my Sunday school time entertaining my three-year old nephew by drawing whatever item or animal he named. It was quite amateur, I assure you–stick figures, but it kept him laughing and from running around causing chaos.

After church I spent a few hours with a friend. We haven’t seen each other in a while so we played catch up. Conversation topics were many; from work to school to her pregnancy. We even talked about the latest Broadway show that’s coming to Hawaii, the Lion King. This, of course, lead to conversation on how expensive interisland tickets are (about $105 for a 20 minute flight between islands. I know, ridiculous right?). We said good-bye after about three hours.

It was off to my grandmother’s house for family dinner with my aunts, uncles, and cousins. Hang on, if I’m to give a detailed report, I stopped at the gas station to fill up gas. At $4.59 per gallon for regular gasoline, I was frowning at the screen as the machine noted how much money it was sucking out of my bank account. When it finally stopped I stuck my tongue at it (Truth! I promise). Robbery, I tell ya. Robbery! Oh, and I did stop at the store to buy vanilla ice cream. That was my assignment for tonight: get vanilla ice cream for dessert. And it HAD to be vanilla–not chocolate or chocolate swirl. Vanilla. To go with the custard mochi my mom baked (which I, sadly, could not enjoy because I don’t like custard).

The evening at my grandma’s went well. My younger cousins were screaming and laughing as they chased each other around the living room. Everyone was hashing out their week while Toy Story 3 provided background noise on the television. Truthfully, I was occupied with getting my Math homework done before my professor locked the classroom forum and I get no credit for the assignment (I did make it, by the way–so, YES!).

And now, I’m finally settled down for the night. Not quite ready to go to sleep, but ready to bring my day to a close. I’ll probably write some more and read some more, but all in all . . .  that’s my day.

Published by


In a 140 characters or less: I'm an easy going, movie geek, TV buff, book-loving, melancholy/phlegmatic, Scorpio kinda gal.